Reconstruction of sewer manholes
Technical description of the work.
Repair of concrete sewer manholes consisting of strainers of DN 1000 with a transition cone and a frame with cover.
- Specifying the scope of work.
The repair comprises high-pressure water cleaning of the manhole walls and bottom, remediation of the damaged concrete parts, overall trowel-on coating, repair of the sewer line connections, mounting new steel wall steps with PE coating and, if required by the client, replacement of the frame with cover.
- Work flow.
a) preparation work:
- removing the non-cohesive concrete parts
- cleaning the walls with high pressure water
- removing the existing wall steps
b) implementation of the remediation:
- moistening the wall of the sewer manhole
- puttying the joints and cracks with Lampocem remediation mortar
- drilling holes for wall steps fixing
- applying Ergelit Kombina KS1 mortar on the walls for penetration
- overall trowel-on coating with Ergelit Kombina KS1 mortar on the walls
- mounting the steel wall steps with PE coating
c) inspection activities:
- inspection of the remediation trowel-on coating condition – visual inspection
- check of the strength of the wall steps installation